You are here
Abuse of Women with Disabilities
• They may not have access to support services.
• Women who have difficulty walking, understanding, hearing, or speaking
may be unable to flee, get help, or report their abuse or may not be
believed when they do.
• They are often not considered to be capable parents if parenting support
• Some women may not be aware they are experiencing abuse.
• The abuser may have blamed them for their illness or disability or have
told them they are making it up or seeking attention.
• They may have been made to feel worthless by the abuser.